From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-02, 23:17:40
Subject: Re: Numbers in the Platonic Realm

On 11/2/2012 8:25 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
> Either you can have emerging properties of nothing or you can't.
> Either there is infinite regress or not, whatever is true (and one or
> the other is), it's not an obstacle.
Hi Questin,

     It depends on whether you think of Nothing as merely an absence of
properties or a complete lack of existence. I believe in the former
case. I don't have problems with infinite regress as I understand that
an actual regress requires infinite "stuff" to be real. Explanation that
push the problem behind a insurmountable curtain are not infinite
regressive, they are merely evasions of the problem. They are attempt to
get people to stop asking hard questions.
     I will not ever stop asking questions as I am not afraid of being
wrong or foolish.

--
Onward!

Stephen