On 11/2/2012 8:25 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
Either you can have emerging properties of nothing or you can't. Either there is infinite regress or not, whatever is true (and one or the other is), it's not an obstacle.
Hi Questin,

It depends on whether you think of Nothing as merely an absence of properties or a complete lack of existence. I believe in the former case. I don't have problems with infinite regress as I understand that an actual regress requires infinite "stuff" to be real. Explanation that push the problem behind a insurmountable curtain are not infinite regressive, they are merely evasions of the problem. They are attempt to get people to stop asking hard questions. I will not ever stop asking questions as I am not afraid of being wrong or foolish.

--
Onward!

Stephen