From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-11-08, 08:45:18
Subject: Re: Communicability

On 11/8/2012 6:43 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
> Hi meekerdb
>
> So how does Platonia's perfect necessary classes restrain or
> contain this world of contingency ? Or does it ?

Hi Roger,

     That is exactly my question! How does Platonism show the contingent
to be necessary? As far as I have found, it cannot show necessity of the
contingent. In the rush to define the perfect, all means to show the
necessity of contingency was thrown out. This is why I propose that we
define existence as necessary possibility; we have contingency built
into our ontology in that definition. ;-)

--
Onward!

Stephen