Hi Roger,

This is the case with modern cognitive science:

> 1)  It ignored Descartes' two substance (mind and brain)
> solution to the mind/brain problem in favor of treating
> both substances as material.

A common criticism of dualism is the problem of interaction. If mind is
outside the physical world, how does it interact with body? Any mechanism
of interaction you can propose would make mind part of the physical world,
thus negating dualism.

I appreciate and share the sentiment that there is something extremely
weird about consciousness, that cannot be explained by current science. I
don't buy into the idea that consciousness emerges from neural activity.
Yet, any explanation must place consciousness inside the real of physical
laws (or vice-versa), otherwise the previous paradox arises.