On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Roger,

>> > A common criticism of dualism is the problem of interaction. If mind is
>> > outside the physical world, how does it interact with body? Any
>> > mechanism of
>> > interaction you can propose would make mind part of the physical world,
>> > thus
>> > negating dualism.
>> >
>> > I appreciate and share the sentiment that there is something extremely
>> > weird
>> > about consciousness, that cannot be explained by current science. I
>> > don't
>> > buy into the idea that consciousness emerges from neural activity. Yet,
>> > any
>> > explanation must place consciousness inside the real of physical laws
>> > (or
>> > vice-versa), otherwise the previous paradox arises.
>> >

>> Telmo, String theory monads, the particles of compactified extra
>> string dimensions, 6 dimensions each, called Calabi-Yau compact
>> manifolds, are uniformly distributed in space in a rather crystalline
>> structure, yet are effectively outside spacetime because each monad
>> maps the universe instantly to its interior; and if that were not
>> enough, the monads being space precipitating from space in the big
>> bang, they are motionless and therefore form a Bose-Einstein
>> Condensate BEC in which light can propagate at any speed including
>> infinite speed. Those monads also contain the laws and constants of
>> physics and they regulate physical particle interactions.
>>
>> Bet on string theory and you get everything in one package.
>> BTW the instantaneous monad perception is my hypothesis.
>>  A 3-D solution is not available yet.
>>
>> But the other properties of CY compact manifolds are well known in
>> string theory.
>> Richard
>

> Ok, but where's the dualism there? What you're describing is a physical
> model. Everything in it is still in the physical world, it's just that in
> this model space has more than 3 dimensions and a weird topology.

Telmo,
If you mean a dualism like the wave/particle dualism, there ain't
none.  If you mean a mind/brain dualism, which is really not a dualism
at all as the physical consciousness of the brain is very different
from the consciousness manifested by the compact manifolds (which is
the basis of our individual minds as well as a universal mind, much
like comp) even though the two consciousnesses are connected and often
copies of each other.

The space of this model is 3-D. The extra dimensions have precipitated
out into very tiny balls some 1000 Planck lengths across. Everything
is in the physical world, but the compact manifolds each instantly
image the entire universe within themselves which puts them
effectively outside spacetime.
Let me know if you cannot see that and I will try to explain it to you
some other way.
Richard