Hi Richard,

>> > A common criticism of dualism is the problem of interaction. If mind is
> world,

> Yet,
> >> >

> >> Telmo, String theory monads, the particles of compactified extra
> >> string dimensions, 6 dimensions each, called Calabi-Yau compact
> >> manifolds, are uniformly distributed in space in a rather crystalline
> >> structure, yet are effectively outside spacetime because each monad
> >> maps the universe instantly to its interior; and if that were not
> >> enough, the monads being space precipitating from space in the big
> >> bang, they are motionless and therefore form a Bose-Einstein
> >> Condensate BEC in which light can propagate at any speed including
> >> infinite speed. Those monads also contain the laws and constants of
> >> physics and they regulate physical particle interactions.
> >>
> >> Bet on string theory and you get everything in one package.
> >> BTW the instantaneous monad perception is my hypothesis.
> >>  A 3-D solution is not available yet.
> >>
> >> But the other properties of CY compact manifolds are well known in
> >> string theory.
> >> Richard
> >

> > Ok, but where's the dualism there? What you're describing is a physical
> > model. Everything in it is still in the physical world, it's just that in
> > this model space has more than 3 dimensions and a weird topology.
> >
> Telmo,
> If you mean a dualism like the wave/particle dualism, there ain't
> none.  If you mean a mind/brain dualism, which is really not a dualism
> at

I mean mind/body dualism in the Cartesian sense, i.e that the mind is made
of non-physical stuff, which was the one that Roger Clough alluded to. That
form of dualism suffers from the interaction paradox because if
non-physical stuff interacts with the physical world, it necessarily
becomes part of the physical world, so there's no valid distinction to
begin with.

> all as the physical consciousness of the brain is very different
> from the consciousness manifested by the compact manifolds (which is
> the basis of our individual minds as well as a universal mind, much
> like comp) even though the two consciousnesses are connected and often
> copies of each other.
>
> The space of this model is 3-D. The extra dimensions have precipitated
> out into very tiny balls some 1000 Planck lengths across. Everything
> is in the physical world, but the compact manifolds each instantly
> image the entire universe within themselves which puts them
> effectively outside spacetime.
> Let me know if you cannot see that and I will try to explain it to you
> some other way.

I don't get this: "the compact manifolds each instantly
image the entire universe within themselves which puts them
effectively outside spacetime". Especially, why does that put them outside
spacetime?