On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,

>> > Ok, but where's the dualism there? What you're describing is a physical
>> > model. Everything in it is still in the physical world, it's just that
>> > in
>> > this model space has more than 3 dimensions and a weird topology.
>> >
>> Telmo,
>> If you mean a dualism like the wave/particle dualism, there ain't
>> none.  If you mean a mind/brain dualism, which is really not a dualism
>> at
>

> I mean mind/body dualism in the Cartesian sense, i.e that the mind is made
> of non-physical stuff, which was the one that Roger Clough alluded to. That
> form of dualism suffers from the interaction paradox because if non-physical
> stuff interacts with the physical world, it necessarily becomes part of the
> physical world, so there's no valid distinction to begin with.

I invoke as a conjecture an extension of the experimental fact that
BECs (Bose-Einstein Condensates) may become entangled regardless of
the kind of particles. That is one BEC composed of a certain kind of
particle may connect to another BEC composed of a different kind of
particle.

I extend this to the conjecture that the BEC of Compact String
Particles (or String Monads) may be entangled with whatever BECs exist
in the brain, or anywhere in nature for that matter.

>> all as the physical consciousness of the brain is very different
>> from the consciousness manifested by the compact manifolds (which is
>> the basis of our individual minds as well as a universal mind, much
>> like comp) even though the two consciousnesses are connected and often
>> copies of each other.
>>
>> The space of this model is 3-D. The extra dimensions have precipitated
>> out into very tiny balls some 1000 Planck lengths across. Everything
>> is in the physical world, but the compact manifolds each instantly
>> image the entire universe within themselves which puts them
>> effectively outside spacetime.
>> Let me know if you cannot see that and I will try to explain it to you
>> some other way.
>

> I don't get this: "the compact manifolds each instantly
> image the entire universe within themselves which puts them
> effectively outside spacetime". Especially, why does that put them outside
> spacetime?

If the entire space of the universe is imaged to essentially a point
in space, and essentially also to every other point in physical space,
then in a sense the properties of those points are outside space. In
an Everett block universe they would be outside spacetime. A 2-d
string solution by Greene verifies that the entire universe is mapped
to the interior of a circle instantly. But such a string solution for
the 3-d CSM particles is not available. I conjecture that the
instantaneous property is carried over to the 3-d particle. And
besides since they are collectively a BEC, information can flow
instantly, or at least at speeds far beyond the speed of light as
demonstarted for laboratory physical BECs.