On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The infinite set of natural numbers is not stored on anything,

Which causes no problem because there is not a infinite number of anything
in the observable universe, probably not even points in space.

> no information can be stand alone, it must have context to give it
> meaning.

I think that's true because information is not abstract, it's physical and
is deeply involved with both energy and entropy.

> But that context can not be stored alone, it in turn must have context.

No because matter and energy are generic. In any context the 2 electrons in
a helium atom always have opposite spin.

>Thus one bit of information cannot simply be physically stored,

Quiet, keep your voice down! If anybody hears you it will destroy the
multi-trillion dollar computer industry and put millions of people out of
work.

> But our brains do apparently store enormous amounts of information.

And so the silly game of trying to inflate our ego by convincing ourselves
that we are special and inherently superior to machines continues.

  John K Clark