On Friday, December 21, 2012 11:03:57 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

> Hi Stephen P. King
>
> A liberal is a person who fears that somehow, somewhere,
> somebody has secretly figured out a way to do something on their own.
>
> A liberal is a person who believes that you need a blueprint
> to tie your shoes.

Yet conservative administrations can't seem to do anything but drive the
economy into the ground and start foreign wars. Since the 70s,
conservatives have been unable to hold onto power not because Americans
became more liberal (Nixon elected in 1968 and re-elected in 72 at the
height of the counter-culture) but because of failure and disgrace -
because they wiped out peace and prosperity and left paranoia and ruin in
their wake. If we are going to make sweeping generalizations, why not make
them based in fact?