On Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:06:24 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

>  On 12/20/2012 7:20 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> I just wonder what your gonna do when they are all gone...
>>

> Live in peace? Grow food? That's the thing, we'll never know what we might
> actually want to do as long as we have a society telling us what we have to
> do.
>

>     Maybe we should start by not electing people that make it their
> mission in life to do exactly that: tell us what we have to do. Why don't
> they mind their own freaking business and let me deal with mine.

The people that are available to elect are those put forth by the two
parties that satisfy the criteria of maximum chance of winning. There
really isn't anything more than that. People get paid a lot of money to
figure out what someone has to say, how they have to appear, etc to win
these astronomically expensive campaigns. If the polls said that people
would vote for Santa, then you would see a guy in a red suit in office.
It's a puppet show from top to bottom. How could it not be?

Craig