On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/5/2013 9:46 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
>

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  On 1/4/2013 1:24 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>>  On 1/4/2013 7:37 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't take this too much literally.
>>> I have never believed in any notion like charity, or distribution of
>>> wealth. It *looks* nice, but it generates poverty.
>>>

>>> Oops, too late!  I already gave my kids several hundred thousand dollars
>>> in services and education.
>>>

>>  That's not charity, it's protecting your genes.
>>

>>  So my motive makes a difference in the result?
>>

>  No but your actions do, and your motives determine your actions.
>

> So it's the actions, giving and charity, which have a bad effect.  Which
> is what Bruno said in the first place.

I can't talk for Bruno of course, but he said "charity" and "distribution
of wealth". The example you give is neither. When people say "distribution
of wealth" they don't usually have one's progeny in mind.

Full disclosure: I agree with the left on civil liberties and with the
right on free market capitalism. I agree with what they say, not what they
do, which are two different things. Civil liberties are very limited and
the brand of capitalism we have these days is crony capitalism. The left
and the right have been synergistic in creating this state of affairs. I
guess this makes me a libertarian, although I'm suspicious of people with
such ideologies who are then willing to affiliate with a political
organisations.

I'm also aware that I might be wrong.