From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-08, 09:56:46
Subject: Re: Science is a religion by itself.

On 07 Jan 2013, at 19:53, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 Roger Clough  wrote:

> Theism, like atheism, is unprovable.

Why is that? You're saying that even though God is omnipotent He is incapable
of proving His existence to us. I can prove my existence to you

I doubt this. You can give me evidence, but not a proof, unless a trivial
definition of "you". Proving is only theoretical. We cannot prove the existence
of anything real. We can just find evidence supporting (pace David Deutsch) or
refuting some hypotheses. In science we never know as such.

Bruno

but God can not. That seems a bit odd to me.

   John K Clark