On 22 Jan 2013, at 09:19, socra...@bezeqint.net wrote:

Book:  What is your dangerous idea?
    / Edited by John Brockman /
 Article:
Seeing Darwin in the light of Einstein;
Seeing Einstein in the light of Darwin.
 / by Lee Smolin.  /
===.
  /  Page 115  /
Seeing Einstein in the light of Darwin suggests that
natural selection could act not only on living things
but on the properties defining the various species
of elementary particles.
  /  Page 117  /
We physicists have now to understand Darwin’s lesson:
The only way to understand how one out of a vast number
of choices was made, which favors improbable structure,
is that is the result of evolution by natural selection.
  / Page 117 /
Now the only possible way of accounting for the laws of nature,
and for uniformity in general, is to suppose them results of
evolution.
 / Page 118 /
And I believe that once this is achieved, Einstein and Darwin
will be understood as partners in the greatest revolution
yet in science, . . .
      / Lee Smolin.  /
                        http://www.leesmolin.com/
======.
Questions.
1
On which biological level is  possible to use phrase:
Darwinian natural selection, Darwin’s evolution ?

Difficult problem. Note that with comp, there is a sense to say that the physical laws appears through an "evolutionnary process", but the "evolution" is a consciousness selection starting from (infinities of) number relations. it is not in "space-time", as those ythings evloved first in the logico-arithmetical way.

2
On which biological level does consciousness appear ?.

Molecular level, probably. I would say in bacteria.
Self-consciousness appears much later, with more sophisticated unverterbrates, like the octopi and perhaps some spiders.

But it is hard to know for sure, of course. When I read some newspaper, I can sometimes doubt that human are conscious. I guess they are, but like all conscious being they can be quite sleepy too.