On 1/31/2013 5:19 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 28 Jan 2013, at 19:05, Telmo Menezes wrote (to Craig):

I'm with you in strongly disliking war and violence, by the way. I just don't see a way to survive and be free without an equilibrium based on fire power. I wish that wasn't the case, but what's the way out?

I don't think there is possible way out, but I do believe in slow but genuine harm reduction,

And according to Steven Pinker that has been happening; we are becoming less
warlike.

Brent

and that this can become natural when people are encouraged to be confronted with truth. Old tribes were better in initiating the youth to that, but consumerism tend to obfuscate the idea. The problem is not money, as a tool, but money as goal in itself. It is the perpetual confusion of goals and means. I think.