On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:26:51 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

>  Hi John Mikes
>
> That's the argument of the Far Left, that miltary strength
> induces our enemies to attack us, so we should cut back on
> defense spending. And any defensive actions we have made
> in the past only count against us.

Maybe our enemies want to just attack us enough for us to keep pouring more
money into the military, thereby diverting the entire budget away from
services and institutions which hold the society together, and dumping it
into a bottomless toilet of corrupt defense contractors and debt service.

It's a funny thing: When there's peace and prosperity - A good time to
increase the military for a strong defense. When there's war and financial
trouble - A good time to increase the military because we can't afford not
to.

Since our military is larger than the next 12 or 13 countries combined
(nearly all of whom are allies) - the question is, will there ever be a
time when expanding the military should not be a top priority for the US?

Craig