On 1/30/2013 1:03 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:26:51 AM UTC-5, rclough wrote:

    Hi John Mikes
    That's the argument of the Far Left, that miltary strength
    induces our enemies to attack us, so we should cut back on
    defense spending. And any defensive actions we have made
    in the past only count against us.

Maybe our enemies want to just attack us enough for us to keep pouring more money into the military, thereby diverting the entire budget away from services and institutions which hold the society together, and dumping it into a bottomless toilet of corrupt defense contractors and debt service.

It's a funny thing: When there's peace and prosperity - A good time to increase the military for a strong defense. When there's war and financial trouble - A good time to increase the military because we can't afford not to.

Since our military is larger than the next 12 or 13 countries combined (nearly all of whom are allies) - the question is, will there ever be a time when expanding the military should not be a top priority for the US?

Craig

Umm, the defense budget is, at most, only 25% of the US gov budget. http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/budget_pie_gs.php

--
Onward!