On 21 Feb 2013, at 13:17, Pierz wrote:

I have tried both DMT and salvia, although my salvia hits were much milder than my DMT doses. I found DMT quite terrifying in many ways, and I can totally relate what Bruno says regarding the salvia experience not being fun, how it is hard and exhausting, and how one procrastinates its use, to my experience of DMT. I keep intending to use it again, but continually put it off, because it is just such a difficult thing for the mind to deal with. One isn't physically or mentally tired afterwards, but one's soul is exhausted! It's the most spiritually taxing thing imaginable. There is something terribly impersonal about the world one enters, like some vast machinery of mind in which anything is conceivable. It is extremely harsh. Mind you, it might be totally different the next time - despite commonalities between trips, it is wildly unpredictable. One thing I did notice was that low doses of salvia leave the well-known positive hang over, whereas low doses of DMT do not. I was never able to get a big enough hit from salvia to get me anywhere near the extreme psychic bungee-jump of DMT, but I'm sure with a pure enough product, the experience is probably similar in intensity.

The attitude toward drug policy is a solid remnant of the attitude of Roman Christianity toward mystics. "---Don' do research by yourself, we have the truth, obey us without doubting, doubt and knowledge is the devil", etc.

It is just obvious that altered conscious states provides non trivial observations on the working of mind and brain, and possibly the nature of reality.

Science has not yet begun. We are in an obscurantist period, since 1500 years. Free-thinking does not yet exist in academies, with few exceptions. "Modernity" is an opportunist indexical.

Bruno