On 20 Feb 2013, at 14:59, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

All classical psychedelics exhibit anti-addictive properties. Sure, people can't do mescaline or LSD regularly enough, i.e. every few days to every day,

How is using every day (or every few days) not an addictive behavior ? Seems quite strange to say that to have **anti** addictive properties, you should use it like an addict, seems contradictory.

This does not necessarily follow. Many people can use some medication daily, without getting addicted. Taking salvia everyday asks for a big effort. I call it the "huile de foie de morue" of the drugs (Cod liver oil).

When I take Holiday, I would like, intellectually, to experiment more with it, but the fact is that I procrastinate it. Salvia has been classified as being disphoric. The contrary of euphoric. Very few people seems to appreciate it indeed. It is not fun, like alcohol or cannabis can be fun. It is not euphoric, nor does it create any buzz or consciousness change (from the 1p perspective; reality change, not you).

True, salvia can make laugh, and acts like if there is a strange sense of humor, there, but this is often felt as quite scary for many people. Very few appreciate the apparent "cosmic joke". Some laugh during the whole experience, and then when back, asserts that this was the most horrifying experience in their life (and this has been told by a pilot having almost crash his plane!). I truly do not recommend it to anyone, and for those who insist, I suggest to begin with small dose and increment slowly, in the presence of a sober sitter.

Yet, salvia, in quite low dose, has tremendous benefits on health, physical health notably, and can save some people from much more severe medication with many bad side-effects. Then, when used to it, you can develop relationship with sort of "teaching-entities", (perhaps just brain subroutines, no need to anthropomorphise them), so that you can develop some interest, not in the experience itself (which is always a bit hard and exhausting), but in the content of what you can learn (to conceive). This of course can attract people who have already some interest for some kind of questions.

Then, part of its anti-addictive quality, there is a reverse tolerance effect, so that the more you consume it, the less you need to have the experience. I get the effect of 10X, (concentrated extract) with 1X (natural leaves), after 5 years of regular use. Vary often, just smelling an extract generates a light be complete experience. I have probably consume more salvinorin in the first year than in the four years which followed. And all user talk about that procrastination, and about the effort needed to pursue the study of it, making it quite unlike other drugs, which like cannabis can be habituating, and alcohol which can be addictive.

Many people comes back from a salvia experience by saying that they would have preferred not to know or to be able to conceive that kind of hallucination. Some people pretends that they have new fears. Fortunately, they forget quickly the experience. Other needs to do it once, and the talk about it on forums for more than ten years without ever doing it again. Most enthusiasts take it rarely. In fact I know only one person taking it regularly, except for a famous case of medical use in a treatment for depression. In fact, except in forum, I see very few people developing an interest for that experience (except as a medication). But then I don't know so much people interested in the consequence of comp or in "serious" theology either. Salvia has this in common with comp: it does not go handy with wishful thinking. It has other relationship with comp, like insisting on some secrecy of a part of the experience, which corroborates the G/G* distinction.