On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 07:39:44PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> On 18 Mar 2013, at 12:48, Roger Clough wrote:
>

> >Since mind is an MQS or Multiple Quantum Superposition, it can
> >process information at the rate of a quantum computer.
>

> Since you seem to talk  philosophy, let me translate what you say
> for our friends the scientists.
>
> If we assume that mind is a Multiple Quantum Superposition, and if
> we assume that mind can exploit those quantum superpositions to
> process information, then the mind can process information at the
> rate of a quantum computer.
>
> That implication seems to me quite reasonable.
>
> Test of the theory according to which a human mind is a Multiple
> Quantum Superposition:
>

> 1) show me a human as good as a quantum computer for finding a
> needle in a haystack.
>
> 2) Factorize 11111311111911111111511111111111121212111111111

Demonstrating these sorts of exponential speedups only falsifies the
proposition that a human mind is an ordinary classical computer (but
not COMP). It does not confirm in any way that a human mind operates
as a quantum computer, since random oracles are another way of
bridging computational complexity classes.

We only need one idiot-savant to demonstrate this.

By contrast, being unable to demonstrate this scaling means - well nothing
at all, actually.