On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 01:46:11PM +0100, Telmo Menezes wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> > But still, I tend to bet that creativity, if he can exploit it, is still
> > independent of it.
>
> I still find it hard to grasp how we could have a creative process
> without some degree of random exploration.

Bruno has a technical definition of "creative" due to Post, that is
most definitely deterministic. I haven't had the chance to really
understand what that means (I've read Wikipedia, and the significance
escapes me :()

But I agree with Telmo - I think random exploration is an essential
component of creativity - whether that's truly random, or just random
with respect to the observer (ie cryptographically strong), is still a
bit of an open point. Whether there's any connection to Post's sense
of creative is another open question ...

Cheers