On 19 Mar 2013, at 02:06, Russell Standish wrote:

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 07:39:44PM +0100, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Hi Roger,

On 18 Mar 2013, at 12:48, Roger Clough wrote:

Since mind is an MQS or Multiple Quantum Superposition, it can
process information at the rate of a quantum computer.

Since you seem to talk  philosophy, let me translate what you say
for our friends the scientists.

If we assume that mind is a Multiple Quantum Superposition, and if
we assume that mind can exploit those quantum superpositions to
process information, then the mind can process information at the
rate of a quantum computer.

That implication seems to me quite reasonable.

Test of the theory according to which a human mind is a Multiple
Quantum Superposition:

1) show me a human as good as a quantum computer for finding a
needle in a haystack.

2) Factorize 11111311111911111111511111111111121212111111111

Demonstrating these sorts of exponential speedups only falsifies the
proposition that a human mind is an ordinary classical computer (but
not COMP).

OK.

It does not confirm in any way that a human mind operates
as a quantum computer, since random oracles are another way of
bridging computational complexity classes.

But random oracle does not give the ability of a QC.

Bruno

We only need one idiot-savant to demonstrate this.

By contrast, being unable to demonstrate this scaling means - well nothing
at all, actually.

Principal, High Performance Coders