On 21.03.2013 12:20 Stephen P. King said the following:

On 3/21/2013 3:22 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 20.03.2013 22:14 Stephen P. King said the following:

On 3/20/2013 4:01 PM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 3/20/2013 2:22 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 19.03.2013 22:25 Alberto G. Corona said the following:

Presumably his positions about atoms were the same, an atom is
just a concept created by the mind - hence it does not make
sense to search for it in reality. Here is the irony.

Evgenii

Dear Evgenii,

I agree! What is almost worse is that immaterialism makes the
very idea that a 'reality' has any existence outside one the mind
of the individual. This makes escape from solipsism impossible.

Well, you have the way out when you consider the Other - look what
Sartre says about consciousness. "The Other" intrinsically belongs
to the Universe in the same way as "I". Solipsism happens when you
forget about The Other. I believe that Sartre is very good in this
respect.

Evgenii

How do we forget what we cannot even know that we know?

As far as I know, that's the main Sartre's point. You just start with that you know that you know. Without the Other there is no I.

Evgenii