On Friday, April 5, 2013 4:50:29 AM UTC-4, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> [...]
> agreement with which was expected if the risky behavior is related in
> showing dominance, short term skill (such are fighting abilities or any
> trickery for lying, robbing etc) and gang/tribal attachment that could
> assure power in a core group and risky sexual behavior that could assure
> offspring in the short term. in contrast, these people show a disinterest
> for the acquisition of skills that have a longer return of investment, such
> is formal education, school attendance, to learn a job etc.
>
> But what happens when an educated, long term oriented person suffers a
> trauma such is an accident, a stroke etc? Some symptoms of aftershock
> stress disorder are: risk behavior, higher volume of sperm, increase of
> sexual (men) or romantic (woman) desire and nightmares or hallucinations
> which repeat the scene of the trauma. The first ones are clearly a
> realignment of the behavior for a short term lifespan, in order to have
> offspring as soon as possible, as said above.  The latter may be probably a
> way to negatively reinforce the actions that ended up in the traumatic
> experience, just to avoid the repetition of it.
>
> But there are also some symptoms that may be inexplicable: Some people
> enlist in charity organization or give money to them. Or they change its
> religion, get involved in politics and so on. This, can be explained as a
> short term strategy in terms of inclusive fitness: since the humans share
> much of their genetics, for the self preservation of the genes in the
> short term, it may be better, depending on the circunstances, to help other
> people or the society as a whole than to enter in risky behavior.
>
> The NDE may help in this short term reorientation, producing risk
> acceptance and the orientation to help others in some way: Many reported
> experiences are related with these outcomes: they report that since then,
> "I have no fear" and "I feel that I have a mission in earth to do" and so
> on. Just like many people that did not have NDE experiences but have a
> trauma may feel. The family whose child died in leukemia that devote its
> life to fight against this illness is another closely related example of
> what realingnmet of behavior could produce due to the similarity of human
> genetics (that makes this strategy of realignment stable)
>
> NDE could be a more radical way for producing this reorientation by means
> of a mythopoetic faculty of the mind that switch the archetypes to imitate
> or emulate. Where there where Mick Jagger of Justin Bieber or Bradd Pitt or
> Donald Trump on the top of the personal pantheon, after the experience they
> are Jesus Christ, Ghandi etc. This also demonstrates how much the mind
> determines the reality. It is not true that NDE experiences are
> hallucinations, unless we admit that we hallucinate everyday, every moment.
> The mind configure the reality. The only difference between reality and
> hallucinations is the shared nature of the first.

That's interesting, maybe true. I don't like to speculate too much on the
human psychology, but in this case I could imagine that invoking the kind
of short-time
Eros. It makes sense as an archetypal reaction against either the Thanatos
of the shortness of a life foreshadowed by either life circumstances which
are dangerous or an NDE. In the case of an NDE it seems like the obvious
cliche (obvious cliches carry some weight in private physics) that the
experience is for the person to feel that they have been given a 'second
chance' at life. This could either be a segue within one's personal
experience to steer them toward a different time of their life, or just a
probabilistic event - one of the things that can happen to a person like
getting queened as a pawn.

Thanks
Craig