On Thursday, April 4, 2013 2:05:01 PM UTC-4, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> Even for materialists: why when the brain is in stress conditions do
> appear vivid hallucinations that probably need a high dose of
> energy  instead of seeing for example a fixed image with "malfunction, we
> are on it. please relax" ???

Exactly. Although in reality, psychedelic hallucinations appear with
decreased brain activity, which is an indication to me that brain activity
indicates public facing attention, not consciousness itself.

> What I know is that there are a growing number of effects in human
> anatomy, behavior and psychology that are contemptuous considered as
> genetic drift, side effects, spandrels that really are adaptations. I can
> name a lot of them, but I donĀ“t want to distract attention.
>
>  The contempt is only an expression of ignorance, most of the time.

Agree. As long as we continue to view the placebo effect as a
disqualification, we are losing the larger understanding of medicine.

Craig