On 06 Apr 2013, at 06:38, Richard Ruquist wrote:

There is no hell

Ah?

In which theory? You derive this from CY?

In which theology? What is your definition of hell?

Bruno

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, April 5, 2013 3:39:52 PM UTC-4, JohnM wrote:
I think I side with Craig: NDE is not "N" enough, is not "D" because the 'observer' (gossiper?) came "back" and not "E" - rather a compendium
of hearsay (s)he stored previously about "D"-like phenomena.
When a (human or other) complexity dissolves (= death) nobody comes back to tell the stories. This comes from a 'participant' and long time partner in OUIJA-board sessions of honest friends. I still cannot explain those miraculous experiences (saved my life once) coming allegedly from 'dead' benefactors I knew before they died.

Someone brought a OUIJA board to school in fourth grade and I was using it with a friend. Unimpressed, another fourth girl that neither of us knew very well said we should ask a question that nobody would know. She asked what the name of her bird was. As the word LANCELOT was spelled out, she was dumbstruck. This was a very studious 10 year old Asian girl in a highly gifted program - we covered a lot of science in class and I think it is safe to say that she was scientifically oriented. If she had some secret pact with the girl I was doing the board with, she certainly didn't seem very happy about it and she didn't seem like a very good actress. She seemed confused and worried and did not want any more to do with the board.

Craig

I do not support the reference to the BIG journals (had ~100 publications, some in such, then was editor of a 'smaller' one) - it is 'click-stuff' and refereed by well selected (opinionated) scientists mostly. However the reference to the Nobel prize lost its credibility e.g. with certain (peace)Prize assignment going to a war- monger politician. Even in sciences it occurred that hypothetical and fantasy-based ideas were awarded the Prize (e.g. circumstances of the Big Bang etc.). Not to mention the questionable lit.

What does an agnostic like myself believe? that we don't know 'it'.

John M

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM, John Clark <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013  Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dull in what way?

Dull in the way that reading what some Bozo I've never heard of typed onto a obscure website about experimental results that would revolutionize not just science but the entire world if true are dull.

> You didn't read the article I guess

I have not read it nor do I intend to; let me know when something like that shows up in Science or Nature or Physical Review letters.

  John K Clark

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com.