That is absolutely wrong, and it is a religious statement of a devote
atheist

According with the "traditional" Doxatic definition of religion, Weinberg
is a non religious person that say that the Russian, chinesse Marxists, for
example, were all  people born perverse by nature, suppossedly by means of
a reversible mutation. Or alternatively, that killin millions in the gulag
was a good done by good people.

According with the epistemic definition of religion, humans are all
religious by nature, as was recognized by every thinker since thousands
years ago until recently, when atheism for the first time, a few century
ago stablished itself as a form of organized religion.  According with this
definition, Weinberg is a devote religious person which call "religious" to
whoever is not from his religious group, and, as every fanatic, obviate the
crimes of their fellow believers (sometimes claiming that they are not true
believers), like the Marxist, the French revolutionaries etc and does not
stop talking about the crimes of other beliefs.

--
Alberto.