On 20 Apr 2013, at 19:12, John Clark wrote:

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 4:05 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. "

> That's a very nice quote, but Steven Weinberg should have use agnosticism instead of atheism.

I don't see where Weinberg mentioned either, but never mind let me ask you a question, do you believe there is a small china teapot in orbit around the planet Uranus? There is not a scrap of evidence indicating the existence of such a teapot nor is there anything proving its nonexistence, so are you a teapot atheist or a teapot agnostic? Personally I'm willing to get off the fence and say I am a teapot atheist.

As a scientist, I can only be a teapot agnostic. From current information I would say that the teapot theory is rather implausible. It is also not an interesting theory at all, but it is testable if you make the theory more precise by giving the mass of the teapot, etc.

> Atheism which is a variant of Christianism

And 2+2= 5 for extremely large values of 2.

Atheism use the conception of God given by people using authoritative argument, and dismiss the talk of both the rationalist and the mystics. That's like the fundamentalist in other religion.

Then a majority of atheist believes in Matter. That has been introduced as an hypothesis by Aristotle (although he appears to be unclear in some passage), and transformed into a dogma by a majority of Christians (not all) and kept strongly by atheists, leading to person eliminativism (and not always in theory).

And 2+2= 5 for extremely large values of 2.

Thanks for the funny distraction.

Bruno

 John K Clark