On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

>> do you believe there is a small china teapot in orbit around the planet
>> Uranus? There is not a scrap of evidence indicating the existence of such a
>> teapot nor is there anything proving its nonexistence, so are you a teapot
>> atheist or a teapot agnostic? Personally I'm willing to get off the fence
>> and say I am a teapot atheist.
>>

> > As a scientist, I can only be a teapot agnostic. From current
> information I would say that the teapot theory is rather implausible.

And I would say that if there is no evidence for or against a theory that
does not mean there is a 50% chance it is correct, and if I judge that the
theory was so implausible it does not warrant ware and tear on valuable
brain cells with one more thought about it then I would call myself a
teapot atheist without apology.

>>> Atheism which is a variant of Christianism

> > Atheism use the conception of God given by people using authoritative
> argument, and dismiss the talk of both the rationalist and the mystics.
> That's like the fundamentalist

Well OK, if you radically redefine the word "God" and radically redefine
the word "atheism" and radically redefine the word "variant" and radically
redefine the word
"Christianity" then atheism is a variant of Christianity, just as 2+2=5 if
you redefine the symbol "2" to mean 2.5 ; but the trouble is I'm not
bilingual and am only familiar with the English language.

  John K Clark