On Sat, Apr 20, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> > We don't know that reality is deterministic and in fact right now the
> overwhelming evidence very strongly suggests that it is not.
>

> > Everett restores determinacy in physics.

Yes, but although I like Everett I don't know for a fact that he is
correct, and even if he is from our point of view things are still
indeterminate because there is information that we can never obtain, not
even in theory much less in practice.

> The SWE's solutions are deterministic.

Yes, but the Schrodinger Wave Equation does not describe physical reality,
it describes the Quantum Wave Function. The Quantum Wave Function is very
useful and so are the lines of latitude and longitude, and they both have
equal physical reality.

> I don't think that physical indeterminacy makes sense,

What law of logic demands that every event have a cause? I think we're
lucky that we live in a universe where at least some events have causes,
demanding that all of them do may be asking for too much; but of course if
we weren't that lucky and lived in a completely random universe of white
noise we wouldn't be around to demand anything.

> nor that it is something testable.

If indeterminacy is not testable then neither is determinacy.

 John K Clark