On 6/9/2013 5:21 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Then fictionalism can make sense only if we assume some basic physical existence, or reality, as the not explicit contrary of "fiction".

Yes.  Fictionalism is probably right about mathematics - but it's also right
about physics.

Elementary arithmetic seems conceptually simpler than any physical notion,

All the more reason to suppose it is just an invention.

and with comp I think there is not much choice in the matter (in all senses of
the word).

A pair of two non null integers x y such that (x/y)^2 = 2, that is fiction.

No, that is false in arithmetic.