On 27.06.2013 03:15 Craig Weinberg said the following:

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 9:07:08 AM UTC-4, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Soren Brier, Cybersemiotics: A New Foundation for
Transdisciplinary Theory of Information, Cognition, Meaningful
Communication and the Interaction Between Nature and Culture,
INTEGRAL REVIEW, June 2013, Vol. 9, No. 2, p. 220-263.

http://integral-review.org/documents/Brier,%20Cybersemiotics,%20Vol.%209,%20No.%202.pdf

This was how I started - seeing semiotics as the bridge between mind
and matter and therefore pattern as the fundamental feature of
nature. The only problem that I have with it is that pattern
ultimately in nothing without a capacity for pattern recognition, aka
sense. Because we have sense, (or because we *are* sense) it is easy
to take patterns for granted and not factor in our own capacity to
render them as a coherent experience, but to be absolutely objective
about the universe, we cannot overlook ourselves and our own privacy
or reduce it to unconscious interactions.

The question what is "I" and "we" remains indeed. Yet, it seems to be the same for your approach.

By the way, pattern recognition on its own does not solve the problem of universals. For pattern recognition, it is first necessary to split the world to an agent and its surrounding.

Evgenii