On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 08:34:02PM -0700, Chris de Morsella wrote:

> [...]

I may be missing your point entirely, but humans are universal
machines in the sense that they can emulate perfectly any Turing
machine, given enough time, patience, paper and pens for external storage.

They may well be capable of far more than a universal Turing machine,
but they're not less.

I don't see what the sense of self has to do with it...