On 25 Sep 2013, at 19:06, John Clark wrote:

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> The first person indeterminacy is a ten lines reasoning, usually considered as rather obvious.

And it's the obvious stuff that has destroyed many a mathematical proof or philosophical edifice. You make a big deal about duplicating chambers and what city you end up in and make all sorts of mystical conclusions from it;

Logical conclusion only. You have to explain to us what is invalid, without generalities à-la Bill Taylor. Sorry, but you failed up to now.

but all it comes down to is the fact that different data streams (like one coming from Washington and another from Moscow) will result in different conclusions (like I am in Washington or I am in Moscow) when the calculation is concluded. But no doubt I am confusing the first person view of the second person view of the third person view with the second person view of the first person view of the third person view once removed.

You are joking, and that's fun, but still not argument. There is no notion of second person used in the reasoning.