On Wed, Sep 25, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> The first person indeterminacy is a ten lines reasoning, usually
> considered as rather obvious.

And it's the obvious stuff that has destroyed many a mathematical proof or
philosophical edifice. You make a big deal about duplicating chambers and
what city you end up in and make all sorts of mystical conclusions from it;
but all it comes down to is the fact that different data streams (like one
coming from Washington and another from Moscow)  will result in different
conclusions (like I am in Washington or I am in Moscow) when the
calculation is concluded. But no doubt I am confusing the first person view
of the second person view of the third person view with the second person
view of the first person view of the third person view once removed.

  John K Clark