Hi Brent

>> Mainly because it makes "I" ambiguous.  One answer would be the probability
>> of me being in Moscow is zero and the probability of me being in Washington
>> is zero, because I am going to be destroyed.

Another answer would be the probability of me being in Moscow is one and the
probability of me being in Washington is one, because there are going to be two
of me.

Yeah, I can see those sets of probabilities too. And it occurs to me that there
is no 1-p indeterminacy in either 0  or 1.

>>What's "illicit" is the implication forced by language that "I" and "me" are
>>necessarily singular.  If you were the Borg, you would answer the probability
>>that we will be in Moscow is one and the probability we will be in Washington
>>is one.

Fine, but again, where is the 1-p indeterminacy in a probability of 1?

In anycase, if I assume comp and the survivability of 'I' in comp, then I feel
I ought to be committed to the version where the probability is 1 because there
are two of me. In effect that has been the thrust of my complaint.

All the best