On 9/26/2013 6:47 PM, LizR wrote:
On 27 September 2013 13:03, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    This is a sort of cul de sac experience, which has to be impossible to
    create if QTI is true. The existence of a universal dovetailer entails
    the lack of all cul de sac experiences (Comp immortality).

    So does it make loss of consciousness impossible? ....under
anesthesia?...forever?

Surely not, because from a first person perspective one just goes to sleep and wakes up again (or experiences dreams). "No cul de sac" implies there's no way to stop consciousness permanently.

I know it implies that, but I see no reason to believe it. The question isn't whether consciousness continues, but whether *your* consciousness, a particular consciousness continues. To say otherwise is like saying you can't kill the guy in Moscow because he has a duplicate in Washington.