On 9/26/2013 8:02 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
On 27 September 2013 12:52, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 9/26/2013 7:48 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
On 27 September 2013 12:34, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 9/26/2013 7:15 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

On 27 September 2013 11:03, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

This is a sort of cul de sac experience, which has to be impossible to
create if QTI is true. The existence of a universal dovetailer entails
the lack of all cul de sac experiences (Comp immortality).

So does it make loss of consciousness impossible? ....under

It makes permanent loss of consciousness (which is what death is)

How?  If temporary loss of consciousness is possible, what puts a time
on it?  What is the limit? an hour?  a day?  a year?  a billion years?
If you're unconscious for a trillion years or a minute it's all the
same. Death is when you never, ever wake up.

OK.  So why is that impossible?
It's not impossible if you lose consciousness and there are no
conscious entities with your memories and mental states just before
you lost consciousness.

?? But I'm a conscious entity with my memories and mental states just before I lost consciousness. Did you mean "just after"?

Are you saying something depends on a time gap?  But what time?...the computed
physical time?