On 16 October 2013 16:01, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Our theory in a certain sense bridges the positions of Einstein and Bohr,
> since the complete theory is quite objective and deterministic...and yet on
> the subjective level...it is probabilistic in the *strong sense* that
> there is no way for observers to make any predictions better than the
> limitations imposed by the uncertainty principle."
>
> So he explicitly says the fully deterministic theory (fully deterministic
> from the God's eye, third person view) leads to probabilistic
> (random/unpredictable) outcomes from the subjective observer's first person
> view.  Even an observer who had complete knowledge of the deterministic
> wave function and could predict its entire evolution could not predict
> their next experience.
>
> Technically they can. They can correctly predict that they will have *all*the
> available experiences. It's only after the measurement has been made
that there is an *appearance* of probability, with each duplicate feeling
that he has experienced a probablistic event. But that feeling only arises
from the assumption (or gut feeling) that there is only one observer, both
before and after the measurement.

(However, I imagine everyone here understands this...???)