2013/10/16 chris peck <chris_peck...@hotmail.com>

> *>> But that feeling only arises from the assumption (or gut feeling)
> that there is only one observer, both before and after the measurement.*
>
> Quite, it arises from a mistake which would vanish in a true 'comp
> practitioner'.
>
> The feeling that although I would become each observer and therefore
> experience each outcome, an erronious 'real me' would only follow one or
> the other path. And the fake comp practitioner would therefore not be
> certain of which outcome this 'real me' would experience.
>
> A genuine 'comp practitioner' would be immune to this fallacy and within
> him/her no such subjective uncertainty would arise. Being subjectively
> certain about the future, she would assign a probability of one to both
> outcomes.

And he would be wrong, because that assume that every subjective future has
exactly the same measure... as comp should be at least compatible with MWI
(which is compatible with QM and should respect actual measured
probability), it's not the case... So I feel such a person is not a
"genuine" comp practitioner.

Quentin