On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another way of approaching human emulation.
>
> Step 1: Manufacture an inexpensive biofeedback monitor that you plug into
> your internet enabled device.
>
> Step 2: Braindora reads up your personal data and compares it against a huge
> database of other people’s data, looking for matches.
>
> Step 3. Meanwhile, Braindora keeps monitoring what you are looking at online
> while it tracks your brain data, comparing your history of what you find and
> how it makes you feel. Matches that correlate to mood improvement, on both a
> short term and long term basis are flagged.
>
> Step 4: Braindora offers to take over your web browsing, steering your
> computer/TV/Ipod/game system automatically to sources which are most
> statistically likely to be successful in improving the indicators in ‘people
> who probably feel like you do’.
>
> Step 5: Customers, who are now virtually incapable of being bored, can go to
> the next level and browse social networks for bio-compatible matches in the
> same way.
>
> Step 6: Gradually all lifestyle decisions can be ported to the system,
> ensuring that that everything that you eat, buy, do, or experience is
> optimized at least a little better than you could do on your own.
>
> Step 7: The entire process will be recorded and fed back into the system so
> that it can be compressed into an algorithm which can be pushed back to the
> customer’s transcranial magnetic stimulation device.  As a result, everyone
> will feel like they have a great and constantly improving life, even as they
> degenerate into pulpy masses of human squash.

If this was possible, wouldn't you choose it? If not, why not?
I have a recurring similar discussion with a friend: suppose you could
be put in a capsule on life support and given a steady supply of a
drug that makes you feel pure bliss for the rest of your natural life.
Would you agree? If not, why not?