From: meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 14, 2013 7:29 pm
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

On 11/14/2013 3:39 PM, LizR wrote:

On 15 November 2013 11:39, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com>        wrote:

Telmo and other 'experts':
why does nobody even mention the geothermic energy                  app -
available in huge Q-s and so far tapped only in                  (literalily)
'superficial' usage. The high pressure                  ultra-clean steam from
a deepened modification of the                  exhausted oil wells may provide
much much more energy                  than today's needs, so it could serve as
driving force                  for more than we think by ongoing technology.
(E.g.                  potable water, agri-irrigation, when fresh-water
         becomes scarce - like now - pollution-free
transportation, keeping politicians in asylum, etc.)                  .

I assume you mean geothermal energy. It          is used in New Zealand but
doesn't provide as much energy as          wind and hydro as far as I know.

It's an option in some parts of the          world, certainly, but I would say
solar is more readily          available overall.

    It might blend well with solar.  There have been proposals to store
solar energy by heating underground reservoirs.