From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of LizR
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:08 PM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Nuclear power

Excellent. Time to drag society into the 19th century on this front, and
realise that Prohibition. Doesn't. Work.

>> Regulation and taxes, safety campaigns, health warnings, and so on -
those work. Prohibition doesn't, and should also be seen as a violation of
human rights, because it forces anyone who wishes to use various narcotics
to deal with criminals and put their lives at risk.

And I might add to risk being busted, charged, convicted and thrown in
prison, quite possibly to be raped and brutalized; then after some number of
years to be tossed back out onto the streets, a felon now with little
prospects in life, quite possibly traumatized by the brutality of the US
prison complex (America leads the world in per capita imprisonment rates.
perhaps North Korea beats us, but our prison industrial complex is on a real
roll here - on the taxpayers dime of course.

Chris