From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Bruno Marchal
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:59 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Nuclear power

On 20 Nov 2013, at 01:11, LizR wrote:

On 20 November 2013 10:42, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 11/19/2013 10:26 AM, John Clark wrote:

Our grandparents didn't make huge sacrifices to their lifestyle to solve
some vague

I'm not a historian, but are you sure? Not even unintentionally? I'm not
arguing, because I don't know, but our grand parents achieved a lot, and
they changed the world repeatedly, so I'd be curious to know if this is true
or not.

My grand-grandfather make a huge sacrifice, by fighting in world war one,
which was particularly inhuman and hard. Well, I guess he did not have much
choice in the matter, but still...

Also it's not obvious that we will have to make huge sacrifices to our
lifestyes to fix climate change. (Indeed, emissions were reduced a lot in
2012 with economies on the upswing, according to the latest New Scientist.)
But if we do, will they be less or more than the changes we may be forced to
make by not fixing it, like for example death?

>>The more urgent sacrifice we have to do is to make cannabis legal, stop
prohibition and the lies which go with it.

We legalized Cannabis in the state of Washington and within a few months the
state run stores selling it will begin opening. Already medical dispensaries
are quite common, but these new stores will be able to sell to anyone of
legal age.

Chris

If you don't like smoking cannabis, still, do it for the political sanity of
the world that you leave to your children and grandchildren.

As long as we tolerate lies and misinformations on food and drugs, we will
get lies in basically all political matters.