On 20 November 2013 10:42, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 11/19/2013 10:26 AM, John Clark wrote:
>
>   Our grandparents didn't make huge sacrifices to their lifestyle to
> solve some vague
>
> I'm not a historian, but are you sure? Not even unintentionally? I'm not
arguing, because I don't know, but our grand parents achieved a lot, and
they changed the world repeatedly, so I'd be curious to know if this is
true or not.

Also it's not obvious that we will have to make huge sacrifices to our
lifestyes to fix climate change. (Indeed, emissions were reduced a lot in
2012 with economies on the upswing, according to the latest New Scientist.)
But if we do, will they be less or more than the changes we may be forced
to make by not fixing it, like for example death?