On 20 Nov 2013, at 17:33, Chris de Morsella wrote:

>>The more urgent sacrifice we have to do is to make cannabis legal, stop prohibition and the lies which go with it.

We legalized Cannabis in the state of Washington

Yes, I know, and I congratulate your for that. You show the path!

and within a few months the state run stores selling it will begin opening. Already medical dispensaries are quite common, but these new stores will be able to sell to anyone of legal age.

I just hope the feds will not come with tanks!

You see the contradiction? 18 states have legalized medical cannabis, and two states have legalized recreative cannabis, yet it is still "schedule one" at the federal level.

The "schedule one" notion is also an incredible aberration. A product is considered as being so dangerous that research on it is forbidden! Why not making nuclear bomb schedule one? Why not make physics and math schedule one?

Washington and Colorado are the first states to make cannabis fully legal (I think). Even in The Netherlands cannabis is still illegal. It is tolerated, decriminalized, but still illegal. Decriminalization is a nonsense: it is de facto a contract between states and criminals. It is better than nothing, though, for some finite period of time.

I hope you will legalize all drugs. In my country we get at last the official result of the "Tadam Project", which has consisted in providing heroin legally to the heroine users (in the city of Liege). It is considered by the experts involved as an important success, but the government stopped it one year ago, and it will take time to approve it, and to decide to pursue it. Since the project has been stopped, already three heroin users have died.

Bruno

Chris

If you don't like smoking cannabis, still, do it for the political sanity of the world that you leave to your children and grandchildren.

As long as we tolerate lies and misinformations on food and drugs, we will get lies in basically all political matters.