On 07 Dec 2013, at 20:09, meekerdb wrote:

On 12/7/2013 1:34 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
But we know already that the universe, whatever it is, cannot entirely understand itself, notably because no machine can ever completely understand itself.

That depends on it being digital and infinite.

Hmm, almost OK. It depends on "understanding" being a digital process (I used comp).

With comp the physical universe has non digital components.

If the universe if finite, it will be harder for it to understand all its limitations. It will cycle or stop before.