No, LizR. I reject the Laplacean vision that is used to "interpret" the
mathematical theories. SR, GR and QM, as mathematical models, are immune
from my critique. Newtonian mechanics, while a useful tool to use to build
bridges and rockets, is problematic as it implies the Laplacean vision of
the universe.
  That change can be identified with a static pattern in a higher
dimensional space is OK, so long as we don't ignore the fact that it is we,
as transitory entities, that are interpreting that map. The map is never
the territory. When we try to use a timeless interpretation of the
universe, we can only do so by abstracting our own sapience out of the
universe: this is cheating don't you think?

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:05 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 December 2013 09:57, Stephen Paul King
> <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi LizR,
>>
>>    I would like to say that as a philosopher I have one problem with
>> Bruno's assumptions: There is no explanation for how any form of change and
>> interaction obtains. This is the main problem that I have with Plato's
>> theory of Forms, and since Bruno's seems to be using a concept equivalent
>> to the Forms (in AR), his idea has the same shortcoming.
>>   It was for this reason alone that I reject Plato's theory of the forms
>> and use a variation of "Process Philosophy" instead. Becoming is
>> ontologically fundamental and all things, even numbers, are the products of
>> processes. Processes would be defined as the members of the Class:
>> Becoming. Being is the class of automorphism of Becoming, and as such Being
>> supervenes on Becoming.
>>

> OK, but bear in mind that to be consistent you will also have to reject
> Newtonian machanics and Special and General Relativity, as well as (most
> formulations of) Quantum theory, because in all these cases what looks to
> us like change is actually a pattern embedded in a higher dimensional space.
>
>  --

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher