On 16 Dec 2013, at 19:40, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>> to judge the quality of the prediction about which cities the Helsinki Man will see, you've got to hear what the Washington Man has to say too if you want to know if the prediction was correct;

> Yes. And in the step 3 case, both confirms they see only one city,

Acording to Bruno Marchal's terminology "you" will see only one city and one city only; and "you" will see both Washington and Moscow; therefore Bruno Marchal's terminology is inconsistent in the one pee, two pee, three pee, and pee pee point of view.

You are using those pronouns without taking into account the 1p and 3p distinction. You should have better written:

"1-you" will see only one city and one city only, from his direct own 1-view; and "3-you" will see both Washington and Moscow

Or even better:

From the 1p point of view itself, "you" will see only one city and one city only; and from the 3p view "you" will see both Washington and Moscow.

> contrary to what you answered many times to Quentin, you seem to agree that if your argument is valid again the comp-indeterminacy, it is valid against Everett formulation of QM.

I can't comment because I don't know what "comp-indeterminacy" is or understand how it is more (or is it less?) indeterminate than regular old indeterminacy.

There is no regular old indeterminacy. Indeterminacy has always been a hot subject among scientists and philosophers. The comp-indeterminacy is the the easiest and less contreversial form of indeterminacy. It does not need QM, and the indeterminacy is a theorem in simple arithmetic. Besides, if you agree there is an indeterminacy on {W, M}, all what is asked at the next step is the understanding of the invariance of that indeterminacy when a delay of reconstitution is added on one branch (in M, say). Note that this question illustrates also that the comp indeterminacy (brought by explicit duplication) is of a different nature than all other forms of indeterminacy.