On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> >> Acording to Bruno Marchal's terminology "you" will see only one city
> and one city only; and "you" will see both Washington and Moscow;
> therefore  Bruno Marchal's terminology is inconsistent in the one pee, two
> pee, three pee, and pee pee point of view.
>
> > You are using those pronouns without taking into account the 1p and 3p
> distinction. You should have better written:

It's Bruno Marchal not John Clark who throws around personal pronouns like
confetti in philosophical discussions about personal identity.

> "1-you" will see only one city and one city only, from his direct own
> 1-view; and "3-you" will see both Washington and Moscow. Or even better:
> From the 1p point of view itself, "you" will see only one city and one
> city only; and from the 3p view "you" will see both Washington and Moscow.

How many 1p's "from the 1p point of view itself" does Bruno Marchal believe
exists on planet Earth right now? John Clark would estimate about 7 billion
but Bruno Marchal seems to believe there is only one and it belongs to a
fellow by the name of "you". But who the hell is "you"?

>>I don't know what "comp-indeterminacy" is or understand how it is more
>> (or is it less?) indeterminate than regular old indeterminacy.
>>

> There is no regular old indeterminacy. Indeterminacy has always been a
> hot subject among scientists and philosophers.

If it's always been a hot subject among scientists and philosophers then
regular old indeterminacy must be pretty old, and I see nothing that is
both new and correct about it that you have brought to the table.

> The comp-indeterminacy is the the easiest and less contreversial form of
> indeterminacy.

Perhaps because you can't oppose what you can't understand; the provincial
homemade terminology of  "comp-indeterminacy" is as opaque  as the idea
behind it.

  John K Clark