Liz,

OK, this is an extremely important issue. I agree that "we are unaware of
the parts of the universal wavefunction with which we aren't entangled
(correlated), and decoherence explains why this is so." That is precisely
what my approach to quantum mini-spacetimes is.

But the next step is we have to discard the background spacetime notion and
replace it with individual private spacetimes created as entanglement
networks.

But this is NOT MW, what actually happens is those mini-spacetimes merge
via common events to create the single world.

I know this probably isn't clear, but it's immensely important and is the
theory that I propose in Part III: Elementals of my book.

Edgar